Not too bad for an old broad!
As mentioned in Tim's blog, I visited our hometown/mothers last weekend. April 28 was my mom's 73rd birthday (sorry to tell your age, Mom--but at this stage you should be proud!). Because of people wanting off for various things, I managed to trade days so I would have 5 days off in a row. I worked it out with my sister and Tim's mom to surprise my mom for her birthday. My wonderful hubby allowed me to spend money to fly roundtrip and I had a very relaxing few days. I needed the break from work.
The weight loss did suffer--I managed to maintain--which is a good thing. And if I can believe my scales, I actually lost 1/2 pound during the time I was there. So I weighed today (a day early) and have lost 2 pounds over the last two weeks. I think that is pretty good and have hit a new lowest weight for at least the last eight years! Total weight loss is now at 22 pounds in 10 weeks and I am very happy with those results. I haven't felt deprived. In fact, on my little holiday I went to a buffet on Friday, had Red Lobster with my mom on Saturday and had Runzas with my sister on Sunday, pizza one night, and Arby's when I got home. I know I can't eat like that all the time and lose weight, but it was nice to take a little break from that as well. And it's good to know that once I am down to my goal weight, I will probably be able to maintain that weight.
Another mini-vacation is coming up the end of the month. Plans are for another trip "home" over Memorial weekend so Tim (and possible other family members) can go to a gaming event in Council Bluffs and I can just hang out. Looking forward to that!
The weight loss did suffer--I managed to maintain--which is a good thing. And if I can believe my scales, I actually lost 1/2 pound during the time I was there. So I weighed today (a day early) and have lost 2 pounds over the last two weeks. I think that is pretty good and have hit a new lowest weight for at least the last eight years! Total weight loss is now at 22 pounds in 10 weeks and I am very happy with those results. I haven't felt deprived. In fact, on my little holiday I went to a buffet on Friday, had Red Lobster with my mom on Saturday and had Runzas with my sister on Sunday, pizza one night, and Arby's when I got home. I know I can't eat like that all the time and lose weight, but it was nice to take a little break from that as well. And it's good to know that once I am down to my goal weight, I will probably be able to maintain that weight.
Another mini-vacation is coming up the end of the month. Plans are for another trip "home" over Memorial weekend so Tim (and possible other family members) can go to a gaming event in Council Bluffs and I can just hang out. Looking forward to that!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home