20 pounds gone!
The title says it all! 2 months and 10 pounds a month seems about right. It may take 18 months to get to where I want to be, but I didn't get to this size overnight. I really can't believe how easy this program is for me. I've been on a lot of diets and they all work, but this is one I can finally stick with. It's really helping me relearn portion control, which is something I think we as a society have lost. Most of you don't remember this but the adult value meal at McDonald's used to be a cheeseburger, small fries, and small drink. That's what the kid's meal is now. There was a commercial about getting your meal at McDonald's and getting change back from your dollar!
Ok--enough about dating myself. Work is work. My schedule is slightly screwy for the next couple of weeks. I worked last night (Sunday) because a co-worker wanted to go to a White Sox game. She is working this Saturday for me and another co-worker is taking my Sunday. I have to pick up the following Saturday for her, but that gives me five days off the end of this week. So I have plans to fly back to Iowa and surprise my mom for her birthday. (SHHH! Don't anybody tell!) And then I get to visit again at the end of May when Tim and possibly other hangers-on go to a gaming event in Council Bluffs or Omaha over Memorial weekend. Took vacation time for that one. Looking forward to a little time off.
The incredible shrinking woman signing off. . .
Ok--enough about dating myself. Work is work. My schedule is slightly screwy for the next couple of weeks. I worked last night (Sunday) because a co-worker wanted to go to a White Sox game. She is working this Saturday for me and another co-worker is taking my Sunday. I have to pick up the following Saturday for her, but that gives me five days off the end of this week. So I have plans to fly back to Iowa and surprise my mom for her birthday. (SHHH! Don't anybody tell!) And then I get to visit again at the end of May when Tim and possibly other hangers-on go to a gaming event in Council Bluffs or Omaha over Memorial weekend. Took vacation time for that one. Looking forward to a little time off.
The incredible shrinking woman signing off. . .

5 Comments:
At 9:37 PM,
Kalen said…
Yay! Congratulation, Mom!
At 11:07 PM,
TT said…
Wait, isn't that a Lily Tomlin movie?
At 9:24 AM,
Anonymous said…
Just wondering if I am going to recognize you at the airport to pick you up. Maybe I should stand there with a sign "TJARKS"!!! Would that make you feel special????
Sis
At 11:39 AM,
Nurse Penguinladi said…
I am special! Of course, there are many definitions of "special"!!!! I'm still fat--just a little less so. Give me another 12-18 months--then we'll see if you recognize me.
At 3:36 PM,
Tony said…
Keep it up!!
I've decided to start riding my bike for an hour 4 times a week, to (kinda) follow in your footsteps.
Post a Comment
<< Home