Week Three
Not creative at titles. . .
Well, I only lost 1 pound this week, bringing me to a total of 9 pounds in 3 weeks, which is good. I have gotten sick again, more sinusitis, possibly bronchitis, coughing my head off, can't sleep because of the coughing. And it sucks to get old after you've had kids because those muscles aren't as strong as they once were and things like coughing have an adverse effect. That's all I'm saying, because to say more would be TMI.
Worked Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday through the sickness because I wasn't coughing as hard at that point. Saturday and Sunday I called in because I was just miserable. Called the doctor's office Saturday morning to see about getting an appointment for Monday or Tuesday--they didn't have anything but let me talk to a nurse. Since I had just had sinusitis, they agreed to call in a prescription for me, so I have my antibiotics once again. However, the coughing has worsened, so I need to call again tomorrow and see if I can get something that will actually suppress the cough enough to let me sleep.
So on the work front: Saw #2's picture on the bulletin board of one of our patients. Turns out it's her grandma. She's a nice lady and a very positive outlook. As I said above, I called in Sat and Sun--I know they weren't too happy with me, but I just couldn't work. So today (Mon) I get called to work 3-11--no thanks, I'm still sick. Just got a call a little bit ago to work 11-7--again, no thanks. I haven't had much sleep and I'd wake everybody up with my coughing. Sounds like we're pretty short-staffed right now, but it's not my problem. I'm just trying to get well so I don't miss anymore work.
So--back to the diet. Once I feel better I hope to get going on the exercise DVD's I just bought. That should help the metabolism. Here's to a new week!
Well, I only lost 1 pound this week, bringing me to a total of 9 pounds in 3 weeks, which is good. I have gotten sick again, more sinusitis, possibly bronchitis, coughing my head off, can't sleep because of the coughing. And it sucks to get old after you've had kids because those muscles aren't as strong as they once were and things like coughing have an adverse effect. That's all I'm saying, because to say more would be TMI.
Worked Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday through the sickness because I wasn't coughing as hard at that point. Saturday and Sunday I called in because I was just miserable. Called the doctor's office Saturday morning to see about getting an appointment for Monday or Tuesday--they didn't have anything but let me talk to a nurse. Since I had just had sinusitis, they agreed to call in a prescription for me, so I have my antibiotics once again. However, the coughing has worsened, so I need to call again tomorrow and see if I can get something that will actually suppress the cough enough to let me sleep.
So on the work front: Saw #2's picture on the bulletin board of one of our patients. Turns out it's her grandma. She's a nice lady and a very positive outlook. As I said above, I called in Sat and Sun--I know they weren't too happy with me, but I just couldn't work. So today (Mon) I get called to work 3-11--no thanks, I'm still sick. Just got a call a little bit ago to work 11-7--again, no thanks. I haven't had much sleep and I'd wake everybody up with my coughing. Sounds like we're pretty short-staffed right now, but it's not my problem. I'm just trying to get well so I don't miss anymore work.
So--back to the diet. Once I feel better I hope to get going on the exercise DVD's I just bought. That should help the metabolism. Here's to a new week!

2 Comments:
At 2:33 PM,
Kalen said…
9 pounds in three weeks, that's awesome. Hope you feel better soon - being sick sucks. At least it sounds like you guys got spared the snow we had dumped on us last night - things are a mess down here right now.
At 7:33 PM,
Missy said…
Ellen,
I have enjoyed reading through your blog. The tag game of updating that you play with your family reminds me of the family letters we used to send among my dad's family of his parents and the 8 kids. It would go in order from his folks, then to each sibling from oldest to youngest. Each family read everyone else's letter, remove their old letter, then insert their new updated letter. You were suppose to read them right away and then send it on, but sometimes it would take months to a year for it to get back around, but since there was no internet, we lived from the east coast to the west coast and most of the family lived in remote places where there was no phone service available, it was the only way to keep updated on the family. Now we use group e-mails. It works much faster. I like the way your family does weekly blog updates. I haven't told many of those in my extended family, including my sister in Texas, that I am losing weight. I am really looking forward to surprising everyone at the family reunion this summer. I hope you continue to find success with NS.
Missy
(NS Liketoride)
365/251/115
Post a Comment
<< Home