It's my birthday!
A little late for the weekly post--but in four weeks I am now down 12 pounds! If I can continue to lose 10 pounds a month, I will be at my goal in one year. So last night my wonderful husband put up with taking me to Red Lobster for Lobsterfest. I know he doesn't like seafood all that much, but I love it, so he does take me to seafood places when I want to go. Really ate off the diet! I had the lobster bisque, the lobster lover's dream (two lobster tails and a lobster/shrimp fettucine alfredo pasta) and the apple overboard for dessert. Probably my whole day's worth of calories in one meal, but I don't plan to do that again real soon. This diet plan literally has the pounds melting off me and I am enjoying this!
Work is calming down again. My group is pretty good, mostly alert and oriented patients who can tell me what they want and need and are polite. I certainly understand being an advocate for your family member if they need you to be, but some of the families we have had recently have been rather rude. For readers of this blog, if you ever have a family member in the hospital, do pay attention to their care and know what is going on. But also remember that "please" and "thank you" go a long way toward making sure your loved one gets that extra special attention that you want for them. It's a lot more pleasant to take care of a medically complex patient when you know that someone has noticed and appreciates your efforts.
That's about it for now. Enjoy the warmer weather--it's almost summer!
Work is calming down again. My group is pretty good, mostly alert and oriented patients who can tell me what they want and need and are polite. I certainly understand being an advocate for your family member if they need you to be, but some of the families we have had recently have been rather rude. For readers of this blog, if you ever have a family member in the hospital, do pay attention to their care and know what is going on. But also remember that "please" and "thank you" go a long way toward making sure your loved one gets that extra special attention that you want for them. It's a lot more pleasant to take care of a medically complex patient when you know that someone has noticed and appreciates your efforts.
That's about it for now. Enjoy the warmer weather--it's almost summer!

4 Comments:
At 2:01 PM,
TT said…
Happy Birthday! (again)
At 11:47 PM,
Kalen said…
Happy birthday, Mom! I have a picture for you over on my blog, but you'll have to view the actual entry to see it. Just click to leave a comment and you should be able to see it.
At 9:54 AM,
emperorryno said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!!!!
At 11:15 AM,
The Narf said…
Happy Birthday, Mom. I know I'm a bit late with it, but I've been in school. And I'm already enjoying the warm weather. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home