Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Monday, April 17, 2006

And another one's gone. . .

Sorry--the song just seems to fit.

I haven't been too good at all this week. The weather has been icky and I guess I just took the opportunity to be a little bad. Even so, I still lost 1 pound. So that's a total of 18 pounds now.

Tim doesn't think he is supportive when I get him to take me out for dinner. We went to a new restaurant the other night. They closed down my favorite steak house (Timber Lodge) and the parent company of that place is also the parent company of Carrabba's Italian Grill, which has opened just south of the closed restaurant. We thought the new one was going in the old building, but I guess not. So I'm not sure why they had to close it. It's not like the new place serves the same kind of food.

Everything is so fresh. They bring out Italian bread (tastes a bit like sourdough bread) and a plate with minced garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper, black pepper all mixed together. They add olive oil at the table and you dip the bread in it. We tried the Ceasar salad--freshly made dressing and croutons. The minestrone soup is also made with fresh vegetables and a homemade broth. The grilled chicken has a nicely smoked, grilled flavor. The Pasta Weesie is shrimp and mushrooms on fettucine alfredo. Everything we have tried has been excellent. The service is also great--they didn't let our tea glasses get much more than half empty before they were bringing us fresh tea. I highly recommend the establishment.

Work news--It's official. Our manager has resigned. So the search is on for another manager. I hope we get a really good one--we need a good, experienced manager who can boost morale. I have stayed because I haven't found the job I really want (and it hasn't been offered to me) and I like and respect 99% of the people I work directly with. I just hope I get a good raise this year--One of the nearby hospitals is starting new grads $2.50 an hour more than I make now and experienced nurses will start almost $6.00 an hour more. I'm hoping for at least a $3.00 an hour raise--more would be great! We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Till next Monday. . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home