Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Monday, February 06, 2006

In sickness and in health

It sucks to be sick. I've had a sore throat on and off for about the last three weeks. Then Tim gets a cold--so bad he skipped a day of work. I've been coming down with the congestion since Wednesday, but trying to hang on through the weekend because it was my weekend to work. At least work didn't suck too bad. Saturday we had 25 patients with 3 nurses and 4 aides. I certainly did not feel guilty not answering call lights or putting people to bed. I didn't have time between passing meds, doing assessments, and changing dressings/providing treatments. Sunday was better, 23 patients with 4 nurses and 3 aides. I got out on time both nights.

But today I have slept and rested and slept some more. I may need to make an appointment because I can feel it all in my sinuses. I think Tim's is actually sinusitis, but he hasn't made an appointment. I am supposed to work next on Wednesday--we'll see how I feel. I certainly don't want to spread this to any of my patients and if I don't want to spend the entire shift wearing a mask.

No news from Edward Medical Group yet, but it did take them 4-6 weeks from the time of the telephone interview until I had a face-to-face interview. So I'll just bide my time at this point. I certainly don't have the energy this week to job hunt.

So until next time. . .

Me

Update: Went to the doctor today. Actually saw the nurse practitioner. I have sinusitis so I have my antibiotic prescription and hope to feel better in a couple of days. Until then--it's naptime!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Kalen said…

    Yuck, being sick is no fun. Get well soon!

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Blogger Tony said…

    Sinusitis must be going around. One of my profs canceled a class coz he got it. Get well soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home