Easy come, not so easy go
I wasn't going to post this for quite awhile, but since my live-in family knows and people at work know, I have decided to share with all of you: I have started another weight loss program. One of the problems I seem to have is that I don't plan menus and when I do Tim works late and we don't eat together so I don't cook, the kids are home and it's easier to go out or do our own at home. At work the cafeteria food has gotten to the point of being inedible, so I decided to do something that is quick, easy, and will help me learn portion control again as well as getting me to eat more fruits and vegetables and get me in the habit of drinking more water.
So I started this last Tuesday. As of this morning I have lost 5.5 pounds! Long-term I would like to lose 100 or so. For now the goal is to lose at least 50 by Christmas. Once I get to that point, I will probably do half on my own and half Nutrisystem food. So far I have found most of it to be fairly tasty and I get to chose my own meals each day. There are a few things I won't order again, but that's okay.
Work is still okay. It seems there are a few days each month that are quite stressful and it seems like the hospital is always short staff and asking us to work more hours. Double shifts are out of the question for me and I like my days off. I don't mind picking up a day here or there, but it seems that I am being asked to work extra almost every single day. Since I say "no" so much, I am being asked less frequently, which is good. If I wanted to work that much, I would have kept my full-time hours.
Looking forward to seeing three of the kidlets this weekend!
So I started this last Tuesday. As of this morning I have lost 5.5 pounds! Long-term I would like to lose 100 or so. For now the goal is to lose at least 50 by Christmas. Once I get to that point, I will probably do half on my own and half Nutrisystem food. So far I have found most of it to be fairly tasty and I get to chose my own meals each day. There are a few things I won't order again, but that's okay.
Work is still okay. It seems there are a few days each month that are quite stressful and it seems like the hospital is always short staff and asking us to work more hours. Double shifts are out of the question for me and I like my days off. I don't mind picking up a day here or there, but it seems that I am being asked to work extra almost every single day. Since I say "no" so much, I am being asked less frequently, which is good. If I wanted to work that much, I would have kept my full-time hours.
Looking forward to seeing three of the kidlets this weekend!

1 Comments:
At 7:20 PM,
The Narf said…
Glad to hear the diet's working for you. My mom's been on quite a few, but hasn't seen much in the way of results. She's hoping to lose x amount by August for my brother's wedding reception in Seattle.
Post a Comment
<< Home