Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The job search that never ends. . .

Wednesday night at work I find out that the other nurses have been staying until 1:30 or 2 a.m. to finish charting, entering admissions, etc. Our admissions nurses have been pulled to work on the floor because there are too many people out on leave of absence (medical problems, family situations, etc.). We are getting four nurses for 26-27 patients, but having to do all the admission work on top of that gets to be a bit much.

Well, I'm thinking--it's only 9 months until October and my two-year anniversary. After 2 years I can take the test and become a Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) and start online classes for my master's in nursing, bypassing the Bachelor's because I already have a BA in Accounting. Maybe I'll just stick it out for another year plus to accomplish these two things and make myself more marketable.

So I get a call today at 3:00 p.m. from Edward Hospital. I have an interview for an office position on Monday. Apparently the hiring director for the physician group is interviewing several people, so I will go and see what they have to offer. If it doesn't excite me, then I will go with the above plan.

In the meantime, I think I have gotten a pant pattern that fits to make scrub pants. I have a new outfit for work tomorrow and we'll see how it goes. It may still need a little tweaking to perfect the fit, but in the meantime, all's good. I'm also trying to get a leg up on holiday presents. Doing some crocheting and a little sewing. Things are progressing.

That's all folks!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Kalen said…

    That sounds like a plan. I hope you get the job at Edward if it turns out to be what you want, though. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home