Looting
Nothing interesting to post, so I'll bore you with the dreary events of the last week.
Finally got my resume updated and sent to a few places. Did an online application for Edward Health Ventures or something like that (out of Edward Hospital for doctors' offices) on Tuesday. Got a call on Thursday and did a phone screening. I hope to get an interview in the next couple of weeks. Salary is comparable to what I am making now, so good deal!
Went to Burlington Coat Factory and successfully found a couple of new winter coats. Can't say it was easy--the size markings on the rack had absolutely nothing to do with what was actually hanging there. Coats were thrown over the racks, on the floor, everywhere. And there were employees just standing around chatting. Anyway--replaced my 10-year-old worn-out, beat up coat and found a short "car coat" for more dressy occasions like church, interviews, etc.
Went to Sears this morning and found a blouse for Kalen to go with the suit we bought last weekend for her model UN conference. Of course, the shoppers that we are, we also had to buy a black suit jacket and a red blouse to go with that--but they were both on sale.
So this next week is my busy week at work. I get to work Mon., Wed., Thurs. (Thanksgiving), and then the weekend. Thanksgiving is time and a half--but at a doctors' office I won't have any holidays and probably very few weekends. If I do end up with weekends, they are usually just Sat. morning and that won't be so bad.
So life marches on--and now you're getting older, and now you're even older, and now you're older still. . .
Finally got my resume updated and sent to a few places. Did an online application for Edward Health Ventures or something like that (out of Edward Hospital for doctors' offices) on Tuesday. Got a call on Thursday and did a phone screening. I hope to get an interview in the next couple of weeks. Salary is comparable to what I am making now, so good deal!
Went to Burlington Coat Factory and successfully found a couple of new winter coats. Can't say it was easy--the size markings on the rack had absolutely nothing to do with what was actually hanging there. Coats were thrown over the racks, on the floor, everywhere. And there were employees just standing around chatting. Anyway--replaced my 10-year-old worn-out, beat up coat and found a short "car coat" for more dressy occasions like church, interviews, etc.
Went to Sears this morning and found a blouse for Kalen to go with the suit we bought last weekend for her model UN conference. Of course, the shoppers that we are, we also had to buy a black suit jacket and a red blouse to go with that--but they were both on sale.
So this next week is my busy week at work. I get to work Mon., Wed., Thurs. (Thanksgiving), and then the weekend. Thanksgiving is time and a half--but at a doctors' office I won't have any holidays and probably very few weekends. If I do end up with weekends, they are usually just Sat. morning and that won't be so bad.
So life marches on--and now you're getting older, and now you're even older, and now you're older still. . .

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home