Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Friday, December 23, 2005

The job search saga continues. . .

So I called the nurse recruiter the day after our interview to change my availability to meet with the physician group and the lead nurse because I had forgotten about a dentist appointment. Then I didn't hear and I didn't hear, so I wondered if maybe they had decided they didn't want me after all OR had left for Christmas vacation. I e-mailed her the Monday after our interview to update her on my availability and didn't hear anything back. I thought I might call again on Wednesday because I really did want to get something moving before New Year's, but before I could call her, she called me!

Apparently the physician office has been very busy with people wanting appointments after getting out of school, being the end of the year and needing to spend their flex account dollars, etc. So on Thursday, Dec. 29 I have an appointment to meet with the lead nurse at 9:00 a.m.
I am excited. I really do want to get a day position and get away from lifting patients all the time. I strained my shoulder the other night--a couple nights' of rest helped, but I don't want to injure myself to the point where I can't do the things I want to do let alone not be able to work.

Looks like there might be a mass exodus of nurses from Green Wing. R. has accepted another job and my best friend, E., is looking and has an interview on Friday. At least she is planning on moving within the organization. I know one or two of the RCA's are also unhappy. If only our manager would actually manage rather than shrink from confrontation. Isn't managing what she was hired to do? I can actually supervise and train the RCA's on my shift, but I don't think it should be up to me to settle their petty arguments on a daily basis. If they can't get along together, those issues need to be taken to the manager. Otherwise, pay me the salary to manage and I will do that job!

Well, I better get back to the sewing machine. Christmas gifts to finish and it's Dec. 23!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home