Christmas blessings?
13 days until Christmas and I am NOT ready! Still have some sewing to do for my brother's family's gifts, some surprises for my offspring, and just general Christmas getting readiness. The tree is up, but still not decorated. Our little weekend jaunt to Iowa was both meaningful and then fun, it did push other plans to the back burner and now I am playing catch up.
When I got back to work on Monday I find that my manager has been reworking the schedule for the week between Christmas and New Year's. And that nothing is finalized yet and probably won't be until just before Christmas. Which makes it tough to make plans. I had arranged a schedule trade based on what I thought my schedule would be only to find out that I am not scheduled for the day I had someone else working for me. (Are you lost yet?) My original schedule would have had me working Christmas Eve, Wed, Fri, and New Year's Day (all p.m. shifts). At first she wanted me to work Christmas Eve, Monday, Friday, and New Year's Day. I told her Monday was out of the question--I plan to fly to Iowa on Christmas Day and spend a few days with my family. So the current schedule is Christmas Eve, Thurs, Fri, and New Year's Day. OK--I can work with that. Not what I would have really wanted, but it's all good.
Just received a call about an hour ago--I have a job interview scheduled for tomorrow with the DuPage Medical Group. This is a group of doctor's offices in the western suburbs based out of Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield, but offices are in Naperville as well as other nearby suburbs. My next step is to call their automated job hotline to see what is actually open right now so I have an idea of what I might like to do. I know that will be one of the questions during the interview, so I had better do my homework!
I picked the absolute worst time of year to search for a new job, though. I received a phone interview just before Thanksgiving with Edward Hospital and have not heard back from them. I guess either they decided they weren't interested in me or Human Resources are short-staffed for the holidays. However, I do hope Santa helps me find a new job for Christmas!
That's about all the news from me. Tag--Tony's it! He needs to update and let us all know he is still alive!
When I got back to work on Monday I find that my manager has been reworking the schedule for the week between Christmas and New Year's. And that nothing is finalized yet and probably won't be until just before Christmas. Which makes it tough to make plans. I had arranged a schedule trade based on what I thought my schedule would be only to find out that I am not scheduled for the day I had someone else working for me. (Are you lost yet?) My original schedule would have had me working Christmas Eve, Wed, Fri, and New Year's Day (all p.m. shifts). At first she wanted me to work Christmas Eve, Monday, Friday, and New Year's Day. I told her Monday was out of the question--I plan to fly to Iowa on Christmas Day and spend a few days with my family. So the current schedule is Christmas Eve, Thurs, Fri, and New Year's Day. OK--I can work with that. Not what I would have really wanted, but it's all good.
Just received a call about an hour ago--I have a job interview scheduled for tomorrow with the DuPage Medical Group. This is a group of doctor's offices in the western suburbs based out of Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield, but offices are in Naperville as well as other nearby suburbs. My next step is to call their automated job hotline to see what is actually open right now so I have an idea of what I might like to do. I know that will be one of the questions during the interview, so I had better do my homework!
I picked the absolute worst time of year to search for a new job, though. I received a phone interview just before Thanksgiving with Edward Hospital and have not heard back from them. I guess either they decided they weren't interested in me or Human Resources are short-staffed for the holidays. However, I do hope Santa helps me find a new job for Christmas!
That's about all the news from me. Tag--Tony's it! He needs to update and let us all know he is still alive!

4 Comments:
At 12:54 PM,
TT said…
Tony? What about Kathy? They're both
"it" at this point. :-)
At 4:00 PM,
Matt said…
Tony just got pwned
At 4:38 PM,
Nurse Penguinladi said…
Well--in the game of Tag, you can only have one "It"--so I tagged Tony. Kathy can avoid being tagged if she updates before he does!
At 7:03 PM,
Kalen said…
Here's hoping you get your Christmas wish! :) And that your supervisor gets the schedule worked out soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home