Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Was lost, now searching. . .

Tonight at work was not fun--no, not any fun at all. First of all, we had five new admissions. This meant that the three nurses working would each have 8 patients by the time all the admissions were done. Three of our five patients are confused and impulsive, so we have to check on them frequently. All the family member of all the new patients had loads of questions and concerns which take time to answer. Okay--not so bad--keeps us really busy--but not bad so far. But this is also the night that all wounds must be photographed for documentation purposes. We have two student nurses who are working with us on Wed. and Thurs. They have been nurses before, but not for quite a while--this is a refresher course. The one working with me was doing fairly well, but they are at the beginning of their program so they have lots of questions and can't do a lot on their own yet, so more teaching to be done. And if that wasn't enough, we have a class of nursing assistant students who are learning to do basic patient care, but are also at the beginning of their program and needs lots and lots of teaching and demonstration. So, while management seems to think all these extra hands should be helpful, at this point they actually slow us down in what we are able to accomplish.

I definitely think it's time I get these resumes out. I have found several places I plan to apply to--some doctor offices and a couple of insurance agencies. We'll see what comes of all of that. It's been said that the best time to look for a new job is when you are actually employed. So I guess I'm joining Tony in the quest for a job!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Tony said…

    See, now I wish I'd remembered that... "best time to look for a new job is while employed."

    Good luck on finding one! Not that you'll need it, but good luck all the same. I won't consider it a race, by the way. ;-)

    PS: Photographing wounds??? *hurl*

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck on the job search! I hope you find something you really like. I know you've been frustrated with stuff for a while, but I agree that it's a little silly to expect students to be a help when they're still learning. When I helped train new employees at AMC a few times, it was difficult for me not to just jump in and do things for them, since I knew I could do it faster and we had a line growing.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Amber #2 said…

    Good luck in your job search.

    I don't know if they're looking, but I know a couple people who work at The Hartford Authority off Commons.

    #2

     

Post a Comment

<< Home