Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Am I alone here?

Okay--I know I only posted two days ago, but I wondered whether anyone bothers to read this blog. I figured at the very least the new picture might get some comments. So I sit here feeling a little sorry for myself, watching the banter on most of the other blogs linked to Tim's and nothing--absolutely friggin' nothing--on mine. I may soon not bother with it at all since nothing is ever going on in my life.

Work isn't too bad right now. Purple wing has been closed the last 3-4 weeks due to low census. I've gotten three days off because of that. That's okay because the negativity surrounding that decision has reached an all time high. I mean, I'm sorry the purple wing staff have to float to other units now, but get it over it already. At least you still have a job! I really like the people I am working with, but I am tired of working evenings. I need to get off my lazy behind and get some resumes out there. I'm just not really sure the grass is going to be greener on the other side.

Anyway--let's hear from you guys once in a while here. Okay?

8 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, I haven't been trying to make you feel left out. I do like your new picture!

    You'd kind of think other people would be more understanding, or even appreciative, of low census in your wing. In a rehab hospital, it seems to me like that would at least partially be seen as a good thing. I mean, it probably means fewer people in the area have been having strokes lately, right? I mean, it could also mean that those who are having strokes either die or are incapacitated beyond rehabilitation. But if I were a nurse, I would assume the former and be glad to help out with other units that needed the extra hands. Like you said, they still have a job!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger emperorryno said…

    I want purple wings! But...that didn't actually have anything to do with what you wrote about. The picture looks good.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    Why, what irony! Here I was, checking your blog to see if there was anything new, and look! A new post!

    I read your stuff. I just don't normally comment 'coz I don't have much to say. I check everyone's blog once daily.

    And I agree with Kalen. Isn't it a good thing to not have patients?

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Nurse Penguinladi said…

    Actually, purple wing is the spinal cord injury unit. So it means that people are wearing seatbelts and being safe in other activities where spinal cord injuries occur. (Think diving, etc) The hospital is divided into five wings--purple is spinal cord, yellow is orthopedic (hip and knee replacements), brown is brain injury, green is stroke (where I work) and orange is multiple sclerosis, Guillian-Barre, other degenerative diseases and pediatrics. This isn't to say that green never gets orthopedic or purple never gets stroke--it just depends on bed availability.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, okay. For some reason I thought you were on purple and I knew you were stroke. My mistake.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger TT said…

    Sorry I hadn't commented on your blog. I just get to talk to you all the rest of the time. :-)

     
  • At 3:05 AM, Blogger The Narf said…

    not ... enough ... sleep

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Amber #2 said…

    I'm just making my first set of rounds... but I'll try to check 'em all daily...

    #2

     

Post a Comment

<< Home