Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

12 weeks = 26 pounds!

Halfway to the first goal of losing 50 pounds. My BMI has gone from 48.2 to 43.6. I have lost 10% of my starting weight. (You can do the math if you want to see where I actually started.) Current goal is to lose at least 60 pounds by Christmas.

All the rose bushes have been moved to the side yard and three climbing rose plants put in. Put in some purple sage and yellow calalilies in the back by the bay window. Purple sage will also go in by the front walk. The violets look very pretty around the mailbox post. Getting some exercise with all this planting! I don't know why all the plants are getting so picked over though. For our area I thought Memorial Day was the best time to really start planting, but if I waited until then, I wouldn't find anything to plant! At least we haven't had really cold nights and I am trying to buy plants that are cold tolerant to below zero temperatures. This will probably be the last planting we get done this year since there doesn't seem to be much out there left to buy. Kalen and I will get a good layer of mulch down as well and call it good.

I wish the nursing director and others at work would come up and work on the floor once or twice a month on different shifts. Then they would get the idea that staffing us at 3 nurses and 4 aides for 24-25 patients on the stroke unit is just not enough. At least my review went well and I just got a market increase in my salary. Later in June I will find out what my merit raise is--hope it's good!

Kathy wins--Ryan, Kalen and Matt need to update. Tony update us as well.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where is the update sis? Quit being a slacker. I was told there would be an update every Monday (no later than Tuesday). I am here regularly checking.

    Love ya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home