Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance

It's official--I now have my BSN (Bachelor's of Science in Nursing). I graduated with honors (couldn't graduate with those Latin honors because I needed to have taken at least 55 hours at Benedictine and I only had 31 there). I was also inducted into Sigma Theta Tau in November, a national honor society for nurses. My final GPA was 3.9. I would have had a 4.0 if I had written the last paper for my Management class--but the events of early December just conspired against that possibility.

So now I have an A.A.S. from Iowa Western Community College, BA in Accounting from North Central College, an ADN from College of Dupage, and a BSN from Benedictine University. I guess the next goal should be a dual business/nursing degree from a graduate school. Yes, there are MBA/MSN programs! We'll see if I decide to do any more school. I think at this stage in my life I should just do my job and watch for opportunities for advancement and not worry about any more schooling. Maybe a specialty certificate or two, depending on what I feel like doing and how much it costs.

In other news, Kathy should be in San Antonio setting up her apartment by the time this is posted. Kalen now has her job (see her blog for details), Ryan is working and going to school and Matt is still hunting for that elusive computer science position, but I'm sure he will find something when the time is right.

Christmas and New Year's were unremarkable this year--quiet and time spent with the family. 2008 should be a year of changes with Kathy's graduation and first teaching position, Matt hopefully in a new job, Kalen possibly starting grad school, and Ryan continuing on his course. Tim and I--who knows? So--a little belatedly--here's to 2008!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger TT said…

    Yay! OK, did I take you out to graduation dinner or not, yet? I guess I'll have to do it, whether I have already or not!

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations!!! I know you've worked hard for it.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Cody Jones said…

    Congrats! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home