Interview season
News on the work front--went into work a week ago last Tuesday and was told that our unit manager had quit very abruptly. She had been doing yearly evaluations, many people were quite upset with their evaluations, Director of Nursing was questioning nurses and found that manager had been unprofessional in her behavior by yelling at people in front of patients, family, and other staff as well as chasing a few people down in the hallways. It is rumored that she handed in her badge and said "I won't be back".
I was on the team to interview her and did not think she would work out, but we were told she was the only qualified candidate to apply for the job and we were to give her a try. I didn't have any real problems with her personally, but never felt she was an effective manager. That's the second manager our unit has had in the almost three years I've been there. Now we'll see where we go from here.
In other news, I have completed the interview with Human Resources and with the office manager of a large doctors group here in the suburbs (DuPage Medical Group) for the position of a Coumadin nurse. Basically, I will work directly with a pharmacist and indirectly with the physicians to monitor and regulate Coumadin treatment programs for approximately 430 people a month. I will have a schedule of appointments to see patients in person as well as some telephone monitoring and triage. I really hope I get this position. It would be Monday through Friday full-time days, no weekends and no holidays. The position is very autonomous and yet I would still have the support of the doctor, other Coumadin clinics in the group as well as the pharmacist and the pharmacy students she works with. I'm very excited!
I was on the team to interview her and did not think she would work out, but we were told she was the only qualified candidate to apply for the job and we were to give her a try. I didn't have any real problems with her personally, but never felt she was an effective manager. That's the second manager our unit has had in the almost three years I've been there. Now we'll see where we go from here.
In other news, I have completed the interview with Human Resources and with the office manager of a large doctors group here in the suburbs (DuPage Medical Group) for the position of a Coumadin nurse. Basically, I will work directly with a pharmacist and indirectly with the physicians to monitor and regulate Coumadin treatment programs for approximately 430 people a month. I will have a schedule of appointments to see patients in person as well as some telephone monitoring and triage. I really hope I get this position. It would be Monday through Friday full-time days, no weekends and no holidays. The position is very autonomous and yet I would still have the support of the doctor, other Coumadin clinics in the group as well as the pharmacist and the pharmacy students she works with. I'm very excited!

2 Comments:
At 7:01 PM,
Anonymous said…
This sounds like such a good schedule and work at which you would be good and probably enjoy. Hope things work out as you want. ET
At 1:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Good Luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home