Mother-son outing
Last week I had my three "Normal" kids home for the week. This week Matt came home on Tuesday after a job interview for a few days. Last night we decided to go out to see "Music and Lyrics" with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant. The theatre was practically empty--I think there were only about 10-12 of us in the entire theater. Of course, this movie has been out for over a month, so I guess everybody else has seen it. Anyway, I don't know if other people were actually watching the movie or not because there were some parts where Matt and I were cracking up and there was no other sound in the theater. We had an enjoyable evening.
It's nice to have the kids home one at a time so I can devote individual attention on them. But it's also fun when they are all here--the house gets noisy again! I think I'm actually looking forward to having Ryan and Kalen move back home. And Kathy has given me permission to nag her this summer about being neat so she is more prepared to live with a roommate in a dorm room this fall! She may regret ever giving me that permission! :)
I'm also on spring break this week. I'm a little anxious to see how my math test went that I took last Friday. I didn't have time to finish the test, but then neither did about 80% of the class. I really hope she curves this test or I might have problems getting my "B" that I would like. I knew what I was doing--I just need a little time to process the steps to get there. I also took my Ethics midterm last week--and I have to retake it. When I submitted the exam, the college website seemed to crash. I reported the problem to my instructor who has finally answered my e-mail a week later. He says he has reset the timer and I should be able to retake the test. I was hoping that there was a way things could be retrieved, but I guess I have no choice but to redo the work.
Cleaning rooms and getting things ready for kids to move back home. Bought new mattresses for Kalen and Ryan and new bedroom furniture for Ryan. Kathy got her new mattress 2-3 years ago when the spring actually popped through the mattress. I haven't decided whether to get a futon or daybed for Matt's room or exactly what I want to do yet with that room. No hurry--he can keep his apartment until August. The girls have to be out May 11--the end of the term. Maybe they'll have some more stuff packed that they aren't using for Mom to bring home on Sunday. (Hint to Kathy--pack up some of those recreational books and/or clothes you're not using!)
Nothing exciting--just the usual.
It's nice to have the kids home one at a time so I can devote individual attention on them. But it's also fun when they are all here--the house gets noisy again! I think I'm actually looking forward to having Ryan and Kalen move back home. And Kathy has given me permission to nag her this summer about being neat so she is more prepared to live with a roommate in a dorm room this fall! She may regret ever giving me that permission! :)
I'm also on spring break this week. I'm a little anxious to see how my math test went that I took last Friday. I didn't have time to finish the test, but then neither did about 80% of the class. I really hope she curves this test or I might have problems getting my "B" that I would like. I knew what I was doing--I just need a little time to process the steps to get there. I also took my Ethics midterm last week--and I have to retake it. When I submitted the exam, the college website seemed to crash. I reported the problem to my instructor who has finally answered my e-mail a week later. He says he has reset the timer and I should be able to retake the test. I was hoping that there was a way things could be retrieved, but I guess I have no choice but to redo the work.
Cleaning rooms and getting things ready for kids to move back home. Bought new mattresses for Kalen and Ryan and new bedroom furniture for Ryan. Kathy got her new mattress 2-3 years ago when the spring actually popped through the mattress. I haven't decided whether to get a futon or daybed for Matt's room or exactly what I want to do yet with that room. No hurry--he can keep his apartment until August. The girls have to be out May 11--the end of the term. Maybe they'll have some more stuff packed that they aren't using for Mom to bring home on Sunday. (Hint to Kathy--pack up some of those recreational books and/or clothes you're not using!)
Nothing exciting--just the usual.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home