Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Do you guys still have the magazines?

The comment most heard on Halloween night. I guess the kids like coming to my house and they remember that we give them comics for the last several years now. The inventory used to be larger--guess Tim will just have to hunt the bargain boxes over the next year to find some good comics to give the kids.

Work: This weekend was horrible. Saturday we had two agency aides (hired from outside, don't know our procedures or where anything is--just basically there to answer call lights and give showers but not much else). Sunday we started out with four aides, but had to pull one to sit with one of the patients who was getting quite agitated and unsafe to be left alone. So Monday I awoke with sore muscles like I had spent the weekend working out in the gym.

Today I went to a job fair just to scope out what opportunities I might not be aware of. I really haven't found that job I am ready to move to yet. I like what I get to do with my patients and I like the people I work with. It's just that management acts like they hear our complaints, but nothing ever seems to improve. So I don't know if there is something better out there or not. In the meantime, I'll keep what I have and keep looking.

Life: I now have my week off between Christmas and New Year's. I have to work this Saturday evening for someone to get one of my days. So, for anyone interested, I will be working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and then have the next week off. Sweet!!

Waiting for new doors to arrive. Ordered new exterior doors for the front door and the garage door as well as a new storm door. We'll see about pictures once they are installed.

Ask Kalen about what she did that has only happened once before in the last 20 years at her school.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So are you planning a trip to Iowa?

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Nurse Penguinladi said…

    Yes, just don't know the exact timing or anything yet. That is still to be determined.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm guessing Kalen was voted president for MUN. Thus the first female MUN president at her school in 20 years.

    That probably doesn't make too much sense, since I don't think there are "presidents" in the UN. But whatever.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger TT said…

    I think that MUN does have a president -- they probably need one as a student organization rather than anything to do with modeling the UN. But that's not Kalen, and I think the president and past president are both female (no idea if I have that right).

    I know what it is, but it's Kalen's story to tell (especially since I don't know details). So, bug her for an update.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I don't know about past, but the current MUN president is definitely female. Also, Kalen's treasurer, so she couldn't be president as well.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Kalen said…

    Yep, both the past and current MUN presidents at ISU are female. And yes, that is a function of being an RSO. The UN has a secretary-general, which the conferences we go to also have, but we don't have one individually as a club.

    See my blog shortly for an update containing said story.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home