Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

In like a lamb. . .or a lion?

Looks like March is going to start with spring temperatures. Does this mean we are in for a snowstorm the end of March? I certainly hope not.

Finally got my grade back on my Health and Aging class--I received an "A". So 2 for 2 on the nursing classes!

Got the first test back in Algebra. After the second quiz, I was contemplating plan B--dropping algebra and taking the class that is the pre-requisite to refresh my memory on some things. But I got 88/100!!!! On the quiz I got 17/30--I hope that's my lowest so that one can be dropped before the final grade is calculated. But with two quizzes and one test, I have an 80% right now. We're studying quadratic equations now. Finding the slope and y-intercept of a line, completing the square, things like that. It's easy enough--I just need more practice so I am confident of when to do what to the information I am given. One guy was talking to me after class on Friday and said he thought the class was moving too quickly. I was thinking it was about right for me--and I feel like I am slow at learning this stuff again. I probably spend twice as much time as most of the class on the homework and reviewing what we learned before, but I want to do well so I don't have to take another math class. The accelerated nursing classes are enough in themselves and I would rather just be done with the math.

Not much else going on here--with Tim out of town I am lonely and bored. At the same time, it is nice to have the house to myself for a while and concentrate on homework without the TV on or somewhere else to be. But, I can't wait for him to get home this next week!

That's all for now, folks! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home