Is it spring yet?
Ok--I'm done with snow. It's February and it's too cold! But this is Chicago--just wait 5 minutes and the weather will change. At least my usual driving routes aren't blocked up by construction right now. I'm sure that will change with spring as well.
So, I got a 95% in my Nursing Transitions class. Turned in my last papers for Health and Aging, but I'm pretty sure I will do well in there, too. First paper in Ethics got a 30/30. I thought it was a horrible paper, I turned it in a day late and should technically have lost one point. The instructor's comments were "Please in future papers underline key terms. Good understanding of ethical reasoning" I guess I talked a good game, even though I wasn't really sure I understood the assignment. But my husband keeps telling me I'm smart. It was supposed to be a 1000-word essay. My word count was only about 800, but I said everything I could think of to say, so I submitted it. Apparently it was good enough.
My first Algebra quiz was last Monday. I got 23/30. I probably would have had 25/30 if I hadn't overlooked one of the problems that I knew how to do. I'll just have to do better on the next quizzes. Also, the lowest one gets dropped, so I should be okay. An "A" would be nice, but a "B" is okay and I really only need a "C" for this class to count. So I'll keep plugging along.
Work--we've had low census on our unit, so only 5-6 patients and 40% of them are ortho instead of stroke. Ortho are usually alert and oriented and only want their pain medications on time, so a LOT easier to take care of. It will probably be different today when I get to work--probably a full floor with a lot of new people I don't know. You take the good, you take the bad. . .
Stay warm! If you are reading this and haven't updated your own blog in a while, please update! I like reading what you guys are all up to as well.
So, I got a 95% in my Nursing Transitions class. Turned in my last papers for Health and Aging, but I'm pretty sure I will do well in there, too. First paper in Ethics got a 30/30. I thought it was a horrible paper, I turned it in a day late and should technically have lost one point. The instructor's comments were "Please in future papers underline key terms. Good understanding of ethical reasoning" I guess I talked a good game, even though I wasn't really sure I understood the assignment. But my husband keeps telling me I'm smart. It was supposed to be a 1000-word essay. My word count was only about 800, but I said everything I could think of to say, so I submitted it. Apparently it was good enough.
My first Algebra quiz was last Monday. I got 23/30. I probably would have had 25/30 if I hadn't overlooked one of the problems that I knew how to do. I'll just have to do better on the next quizzes. Also, the lowest one gets dropped, so I should be okay. An "A" would be nice, but a "B" is okay and I really only need a "C" for this class to count. So I'll keep plugging along.
Work--we've had low census on our unit, so only 5-6 patients and 40% of them are ortho instead of stroke. Ortho are usually alert and oriented and only want their pain medications on time, so a LOT easier to take care of. It will probably be different today when I get to work--probably a full floor with a lot of new people I don't know. You take the good, you take the bad. . .
Stay warm! If you are reading this and haven't updated your own blog in a while, please update! I like reading what you guys are all up to as well.

1 Comments:
At 4:56 PM,
The Narf said…
How cold is it up there?
Way to hack the system in Ethics.
How many Algebra quizzes are there?
I'll stay warm for you. That's real easy down here.
Post a Comment
<< Home