Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

And baby makes three. . .

Last night I worked--traded shifts so I could get the time off I want at the end of December. However, it meant that I worked on the pediatric unit with a 5-month old baby with a tracheostomy and a teenager who has a brain injury after a car accident. My other patient was an older woman who had a knee replacement. So 3 patients instead of 7 wasn't bad. Parents were with the kids, so I basically just had to supervise. The hard part was when all the architects came through for a tour. There is some architects conference in Chicago, our building has won some kind of construction award and so we have tours. And they want to ask me lots of questions about the pediatric unit--where I have never worked!!!! I did my best, had to keep traffic moving, kept the doors closed to the rooms with patients in them. The reason they came to my floor is because it is the only one with empty rooms for them to see. Otherwise, we are full!

Applying for office jobs again. Something about the fall, I guess. Have my acceptance letter to start classes again in January and get a Bachelor's degree in Nursing. I could go directly into a Master's program, but I feel there is benefit to the education I will receive by taking the undergraduate classes first. I will be done the first part of December next year and then we'll see whether I get the Master's or not. If I do, I could go into education or become an advanced practice nurse (one step above a physician's assistant, one step below the doctor) or a clinical specialist. So many opportunities. . .

Now to get Ryan, Kathy, Matt to update. Also--#1, what are you doing? Time for another update Rob. Tony--how was the trip to Chambana? #2--what are you up to these days? Hope those bruises healed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home