Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

No news is no news

Sorry for not updating sooner. I have been waiting to hear about my interview, but no news yet. Online it still says my application is "in review" and the job is still posted, so I don't know if it was the holiday that has put everyone behind or what. My references say no one has contacted them, so I don't know what to think. But I will keep looking.

On the homefront, Thanksgiving was a very nice day. Kathy had made 2 pumpkin pies (after a false start on the first attempt), an apple pie and a pecan pie. All very delicious! She also made some egg salad since I had said I was hungry for egg salad and she makes a very tasty recipe! Tim ended up doing most of the dinner. I worked the night before, so he got up and got the turkey in--I helped, but then sat down on the couch and fell asleep again. I kept waking up and trying to help, but when he said he had a handle on it, I seemed to go back to sleep! It was just the six of us, but a very relaxing, enjoyable day.

The only bad thing is that Matt felt like he got a piece of turkey stuck in his throat. We tried all the remedies at home that I could think of (with assist from Tim), but Matt just felt like he couldn't swallow anything other than his own saliva. So Friday we spent five hours in the ER. After several uncomfortable and not really pleasant procedures that I won't go in to, they decided that there was nothing in his throat, but he had an early case of pneumonia and gave him antibiotics and a decongestant. He had a followup with the doctor on Monday and all seems to be well. Another chest x-ray over Christmas break and he should be fine.

Coming up: CRRN exam on December 12 that I need to study for, finish up Christmas gifts and get decorating and shopping done, and continue the search for a new job. So. . .busy, busy, busy! Until next time. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home