Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I PASSED!!!!!

Well, the title says it all. I passed my certification exam and can now add a few more letters behind my name at work. Ellen Tjarks, RN, CRRN. One year from now I will be able to add BSN. Not really all that impressive, but this should mean a raise at work. I probably won't see it until June, though.

I hate driving to Schaumburg. There is just too much traffic in the morning on the tollway. I got to the testing site (a CompUSA) 90 minutes early, as it turned out. My materials said all morning exams started at 8:30, but my confirmation said to arrive no later than 8:45. The store doesn't open until 9:00, the gal who ran the testing didn't show up for work until 8:55. I finally got to start the actual test at 9:30--I guess I could have slept in an extra hour.

In other news--I HATE MY CELL PHONE!!!! First it didn't want to charge, so I got a new battery. Then it goes into sleep mode, then locks up and won't turn back on unless I remove the battery and replace it. This morning I tried to call Kalen and could hear her, but she couldn't hear me at all. So I guess it's time to play the warranty card and get a new phone. If this one doesn't work, I will have to go fight with Cingular some more.

And now I wait for my kids to come home to their mommy. I'm anxious to see everybody and maybe actually have some time to spend with you all. Looking forward to seeing you all and then traveling to Iowa later this month and seeing everyone there and relaxing a bit.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    gratz!

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger TT said…

    I never had any doubt.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay Mom! I didn't read Monday's post until now, so I didn't have to worry for long. Was it as hard as everyone said?

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mom rules!~

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! I hadn't read blogs since Monday and hadn't realized it was test time.

    I'm eager to see everyone but so far it hasn't seemed a lot like Christmas since my smsll tree is the only sign around here. Normally I'd be receiving orders and wrapping gifts, baking, etc., but can't do that any more. It will be Christmas though when I get to see family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home