Back to school. . .again
Most of you already know that I have returned to school to earn a second bachelor's degree, this time in nursing. This is an accelerated one-year RN to BSN course, so I will complete it in December. Each class is five weeks long, meeting every Wednesday night for three hours. Three of the classes over the course of the year will be two weekends per class, Friday night and all day Saturday. In addition to the ten classes I have to take from the four-year college, I need to take an Ethics class (which I am doing as a online course) and a College Algebra class, which I am taking M-W-F at noon at COD. I have to learn how to use a graphing calculator in addition to trying to remember everything I learned about algebra and geometry 30 years ago! At least I have my own live-in private math tutor!
I have cut back one day of work--I only work three days a week now. I get Tues. off before my Wed. class so I can have almost two entire days to prepare anything I need to. Work has been going a bit better--of course it helps that my group is all people who can walk and/or transfer themselves and don't need quite as much assistance as my previous group. Two are being discharged this week, so I guess I'll see how it is when I get back to work next week.
Not much else here. I have four writing assignments to do, one by Wed., the other three by Saturday. So I should get some sleep and get busy on that tomorrow.
I have cut back one day of work--I only work three days a week now. I get Tues. off before my Wed. class so I can have almost two entire days to prepare anything I need to. Work has been going a bit better--of course it helps that my group is all people who can walk and/or transfer themselves and don't need quite as much assistance as my previous group. Two are being discharged this week, so I guess I'll see how it is when I get back to work next week.
Not much else here. I have four writing assignments to do, one by Wed., the other three by Saturday. So I should get some sleep and get busy on that tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home