Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Monday, September 05, 2005

This is a work-free zone

Yippee!! I have a week + off from work. I think I really need the break. It seems that little things annoy me that probably shouldn't. I just expect people to act like adults and do the job they were hired to do. If a person chooses to work in healthcare, I believe they are willing to give a little bit of themselves and see that the patients are comfortable and given the best care possible. That doesn't mean sitting down to do all your charting when your co-workers are still running around answering call lights FOR YOUR PATIENTS, neglecting their own in the meantime or running themselves ragged trying to get it all done. I DON'T CARE that you have to work a double shift (16 hours). If you choose to work as a weekender (five shifts in three day), that's your own darn fault. If you can't handle it, get a different schedule. Don't come to work expecting everyone to want to do your work for you and you still get paid for it.

Anyway--enough of the rant. A week of sewing and relaxing with the mom-in-law and visiting my mom and sister will get me to the end of September. Then it's off to Disneyworld with the hubby and NO KIDS :) !!!!!!!!!! Then we shall see what the work life brings--possibly a change. Stay tuned for further details!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home