Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week 1

I've been updating my account on Lose It! Since I am doing a modified Weight Watchers program, it just seems easier (and cheaper) to track my food on Lose It! than pay for Weight Watchers to get the WW Mobile program ($17.95 a month) and figure total calories rather than worry about points. Counting is counting and it's easier to find calorie values than point values.

Anyway, one of the updates I made was to enter my highest weight so I get a better picture of where I actually started and how much I have lost. So my starting weight sometime in the past year was 305 pounds. Today I weighed in at 297. I am hoping to get to 285 by the time we go to Disneyworld the end of October. My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week, but I will be happy with 1 pound a week.

The only disheartening part of the week was when we went out to Sweet Tomatoes on Wednesday. I did eat more than I would have at home, but adding it all up showed a total calorie intake of 2150 calories for one meal. That's more than my daily budget of calories! At least I did well the rest of the week and will just need to rethink my eating plan when we go there again.

So today it is off to the grocery store to stock up on fruit and veggies for the week. What will look good today?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger TT said…

    There are too many things at Sweet Tomatoes that add pretty quickly, but other things that aren't bad at all. The lava cake, the focaccia, and the prepared salads were high (the tuna tarragon was a lot more than I thought). I should just get several soups -- most aren't as bad and I like sampling them.

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Kalen said…

    Yeah, I can easily get up over 1,000 calories at Sweet Tomatoes - I was pretty shocked the first time I tracked it. I just try to fill up more on the green salad (and not load it up with cheese) and the lighter soups.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home