Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Friday, May 25, 2007

And the winner is. . .

Finally got my COD grades--"A" in Ethics (as I anticipated) and a "B" in Math! Guess I did well enough on the test to keep my "B". I was at an 81% or 82% going in to the final and needed at least 145/200 points to stay at the "B". I guess I must have done that. I didn't get my final quiz or final test scores, but I'm DONE!!!!!! Now to finish up Health Assessment next week as well as Holistic Nursing and I get six weeks off.

Next, I applied for a Nurse Educator position at work. Unfortunately they have an external candidate who has more experience teaching and who is wound care certified who can take off running. But, the Director of Nursing now knows I am interested in teaching--not only diabetic teaching, but anything to do with nursing. She also told me about the possibility of one of our units being a sub-acute unit (kind of like a nursing home where people would stay longer, but still get therapy on a consistent basis) where they will need an MDS coordinator. That job is making sure the documentation gets done and all the reports, etc. get into the state for reimbursement. We'll see what happens there. At least they know that if they invest in me and get me into a job I'd like more, I'm more likely to stay. Always looking for that better opportunity!

So what do I plan to do with my six weeks off? GET MY HOUSE CLEAN AND ORGANIZED! I can't stand the clutter right now, so I need to work with my kids to get things put away in an orderly fashion. They can organize and pack their boxes any way they like, I just want the boxes then stored so we know where stuff is. And then I need to stain wood and baseboards so that can be fixed. Shop for tile so the master bedroom bathroom can be remodeled (after my husband figures out where the leak is coming from in the kids' bathroom and fix it). Also Kalen and I will be doing some planting/gardening--cleaning things up and finishing planting the back bed.

Guess that's all the news that fit to print right now.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger TT said…

    A belated "Hooray" for being done with math and ethics.

    (I'm a negligent commenter -- dang!)

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm worse at comments but because I have been negligent about reading blogs. Just now read your great news. Congratulations! I know you really wanted the B in math. Enjoy your break from classes now.
    ET

     

Post a Comment

<< Home