Penguinladi's Ponderings

My place to share with family and friends.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Escape from Alcatraz/Take me out to the ballgame

Tuesday we woke up early to be able to pick up our tickets for our tour of Alcatraz. Tim had purchased the tickets that included the audio tour and it was well worth it. Lots of historical information. After spending the morning on the island, we returned to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39, which is much like Navy Pier in Chicago. Did a lot of shopping and planning of purchases--will probably return tomorrow to make said purchases. I did find a pretty pair of earrings and a necklace made of shells. We also watched the sea lions off Pier 39 for a while--they were quite entertaining in their antics. Tim called them "sumo seals".

We came back to our room to rest for about 45 minutes and then headed out to the ballgame. We had seats on the club level (very nice) and a parking permit for the lot next to the stadium. Giants won, but it was very cold! Had to get the garlic fries--I think I found something that actually had too much garlic on it but they were very good. And, of course I had to get a Ghiardelli hot fudge sundae which I ate while trying to warm up inside. (Now does that make sense?) Very good and I was naughty and didn't share with Tim. Well--I did let them put nuts on it, so he couldn't have eaten it anyway.

Tomorrow--Chinatown, shopping, leisurely touring.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, no. I called them "sumo sea lions". I wouldn't call sea lions "seals".

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's great that you and Tim have taken time to "blog." I really like reading about what you are doing. ENJOY! Edna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home